Friday, May 23, 2008

Apprehension

Tomorrow is a big day! I get to have another cervical length exam and if all is well (the length hasn't shortened more), I get to go home! The thing is, I can't decide how I feel about this whole situation. Probably 35% excitement and 65% apprehension.

After being here for almost 4 weeks, I feel comfortable and safe here. If anything were to happen to me or the babies, I know that the nurses and the doctors are right here to help us. I get 3 meals a day, and 3 snacks a day if I desire. I get to hear the babies' heartbeat twice a day and get monitored for contractions if I feel my uterus tightening. At home I get the comfort of home cooked meals, my visitors wouldn't have to come ALL THE WAY to Cedars to visit me, and the coziness of sleeping in my own bed with my husband. The problem is, I kind of enjoy the isolation at the hospital (don't get me wrong, I am very outgoing, but when my parents are here with my sister...the excitement is just too much to handle sometimes). Also, the people that come in and out of my room here are all professionals, whether they are nurses, food service, or housekeepers. Being at home and being waited on (by my parents) would probably get more complicated because it would be all personal...and if I don't feel like eating something, my mom may get offended and I would feel bad. Oh well, we'll see how it goes :)

No comments: