Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Things that make me happy

Finding things that make me happy in this confined space is very important for my sanity and also important to make the time go by faster. This list, is not in any particular order...just looking around the room and things that jump out at me:

-Having a TV with a DVD player.
-My board of cards.
-My colorful gift bags that I've been using as decoration to spruce up the room.
-My sister's "Crockagator" magnet that I have on my white board...she had my mom bring it from Taiwan.
-My white board that has the babies' age and count down to 34 wks, which I change at midnight.
-Little messages some of my visitors leave on my white board.
-The fusia colored "Happy Day" (used to be Happy Mother's Day) sign I made with tissue paper from a gift, purple dry ease marker, and my cuticle scissors...took forever, but well worth it.
-Art work from my friend's daughter, Gabby (including cut out of her hands that says I LOVE YOU).
-Teddy Bear, "Huggie", from Gabby. She said so now I will always have a visitor.
-My flowers.
-The fact that my window is open...guess not all the rooms come with windows that open.
-Little step stools my sister-in-law, Bobbie, and her boyfriend, Leo, made for little Andrew and Little Nathan (they are very, very, very cute).
-The new chair John was able to get from "the people outside my room"...now I have 3 chairs!!
-My pillow, silk blanket, and silk slippers from home.
-My laptop, iPod, cellphone, PSP, and phone.
-My green notebook and my green frog pen (Thanks Brenda for the pen!)
-My new note cards :)
-My green 3 pound weights (my physical therapist told me not to use but I can use 1 pound ones) which I've started using as my phone holder.
-My Tummy Honey Butter.
-My DVDs.
-My Tom's Natural Toothpaste.
-My Dove body wash that smells of Cherry Blossom and Almonds.
-My Decleor face wash.
-My clothes from home...so I don't wear the same things day and night...believe it or not, but this is HUGE.
-My books.
-My visitors!!! (not that you guys & gals are things...but just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you taking your time to come see me)
-Getting IMs, text messages, emails, and phone calls!
-My nurses and doctors.
-Juice cocktail of apple, orange, and cranberry juices :)
-Babies on the Fetal Monitor.
-My mom's home cooking which she packs in this pressure cooker to keep warm and hauls all the way to Cedars from Palos Verdes. YAY MOM!
-My mom's progesterone shots.
-My dad's fruit bowls. Yes, my dad is awesome too...he's always in charge of cutting the fruits :)
-Back rubs!
-John calling me a few times a day, even just to say "hi"!
-John talking to my belly and kissing my belly.
-John crawling in to my little hospital bed with me whenever he's here so we can get some snuggle time.



Yes, I am the person that sees the glass half full. This list turned out to be longer than I thought it would be. Being positive, at least most of time, is one of the most important thing I can do for myself, my babies, and my loved ones.

No comments: