Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Motherhood...

Mothers make everything better. As the day of my impending motherhood draws closer, I feel a pride, like never before, about the role I will play in two innocent little lives and how I will find a way to make everything better for them. As it is, with being on bedrest, I am already trying to make their lives better. And the love I have for these little ones that are still in my womb (head budding my bladder) is so overwhelming sometimes that I'm not sure how I can love them even more when they come out.

My mom flew back from Taiwan on Saturday and got in at 8:36pm. John went to pick her up and came straight to the hospital to see me. Seeing her here was very emotional for me. Here my mom was, taking care of me, who's about to become a mother. For the first time since I checked in the hospital, I cried (only for a little bit though...I was so happy to see her). She, although jet lagged, decided to give me a leg massage. Being that I've been laying in bed for almost 10 straight days, the massage felt extra special. No matter how old I get, I know I will always be her baby, and she will always be here when I need her. I am lucky to be able to share this moment with her and am lucky also have my own babies to love.

P.S. My mom, who used to be a labor & delivery / Operation Room / Anesthisia nurse, gave me my progeterone shot on Wednesday. The shot is oil based and hard to push into the muscles. I've read countless women posting that it hurts like crazy. I've received one from the nurse and didn't think it was too bad (but I am also NOT afraid of needles and donate blood on a regular basis). When it came time to do the shot, I really wanted to see just how good my mom is still (she's been out of practice for 2 decades now). So...mom prepared the shot, cleaned the skin and stretched the injection site between her fingers (that, so she said, is the trick of having a painless injection), tells me that it's gonna hurt a little...I'm waiting, waiting, waiting...then she said she's done. I was like WHAT?? I didn't feel a thing!! What a mom!! She definitely exceeded my expectations. She should teach a class on injections!

2 comments:

EdwoodCA said...

How cool is this?! Your own mother administering shots?! Wow!

ζž—δΎιœ–~elisa lin said...

hey man despite the fact that we talk on skype like every single day, u never told me about mom shooting u up! she's my hero.