Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hospital Bedrest, Round 2

Whoever coined the term "practice makes perfect" couldn't have described our revisit to the hospital better. We knew where to park, which elevators to take, where to turn, where to register, and even how to get to my room. This time around, my room is on the opposite side of the building, which actually makes me really happy because I get a view of the plaza and there are trees and people all over the place. Guess if I get really bored, I'll be able to count how many people walk by every day or catalog what people are wearing to hospitals these days. I will be here to serve out the remaining of my gestational "time" so I might as well have a good time while I am here at "Hotel Cedars Sinai".

Once I got settled in, John went home to pack a suitcase full of my essentials since we were told to head up here directly from Dr. Lee's office.

Here's a list of my essentials:

Laptop, webcam, and AC Adapter, and DVDs from Blockbuster.com
iPod with docking station
Pillow
Silk Throw from KumiKookoon (so comfy)
Silk Slipper also from KumiKookoon
Cellphone Charger
Crushed Velvet Pajama Pants from Victoria's Secret
Toiletries (that were still in the suit case from my last stay here)
John's white undershirts
Panties from Motherhood Maternity (sorry, maybe this is tmi)
Prenatal Vitamins & DHA supplement
Sports bras
Lounge Socks
Facewash
Shampoo/Conditioner
Baby Wipes


Things that John also brought without me asking:
Snacks
Notebook & Pen
Reading Material

It's hard to imagine what life will be like in here for the next few months. There are questions in my mind that I do not know the answers for...How will I try to enjoy myself? Who will come to visit me? How will John survive without having his wife around him? When will the babies decide to come out? How much is this going to cost us? Will I lose lots of muscles and not be able to care for the babies when they get here? What kind of exercise routine can I do to maintain some sort of strength & flexibility since I will be laying here for 23 hrs a day? Will people come visit me after a month of hospital stay? How is my back going to react to all the non-activity? So many questions that I don't have the answers to. So many unknowns... Oh well, it's easier to just take it one day at a time and see how things turn out. I can only control so much and the rest of it is just not up to me.

1 comment:

ζž—δΎιœ–~elisa lin said...

hey sideways, while u're lying down u can work on your grammar too!

correction #1) when i get "bore"
correction #2) will i "loose" all the muscle

hehehe~
yep. all this coming from the fob that i've become. damn tuttin'

loves!